Craftsbury Area Information:
Visit Town of Craftsbury's website for a current list of activities in the area.
There are many events and activities in Craftsbury and nearby towns of Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom. Among them are:
- The Craftsbury Outdoor Center. Home of U.S. Olympic cross country and biathalon skiers, the center offers programs for all levels in those sports as well as rowing, running, mountain biking, and others.
- Sterling College. A four-year experiential college with an emphasis on the environment and sustainable practices, Sterling offers intensive workshops in forestry, culinary arts, and food production, partnering with Jasper Hill Cellars and Hill Farmstead Brewery, among others.
- Circus Smirkus. Greensboro is home to both the highly acclaimed youth circus, which tours New England each summer, and a summer camp for aspiring performers.
- Get Thee to the Funnery; Shakespeare Camp. Led by actor/comedian Peter Gould, the two-week camp on Craftsbury Common adapts and performs one of the Bard’s plays each summer.
- Jay Peak. Skiing and snowboarding, indoor ice rink, Pump House water park, golf, and special events.
- Burke Mountain. Skiing and riding, mountain biking, special events.
- Fairbanks Museum. A rich mixture of cultural and natural history with a planetarium on top.
- Barr Hill Conservancy. Family friendly nature trail and picnicking area.
Eating and shopping opportunities include:
- Craftsbury Village Store. Gas, basic groceries, pizza, prepared meals and desserts.
- Craftsbury General Store. Local vegetables and cheeses, groceries, pizza, prepared meals and desserts, large selection of beer, wine, and ciders.
- Craftsbury Farmer’s Market. Saturdays, spring through fall on the Common. Vegetables, local meat and cheese, prepared foods and local crafts.
- Pete’s Greens Farmstand. Open three seasons with local fresh, organic vegetables and meats.
- Willey’s Store. Hardware, food, clothing and more. If you can’t find it at Willey’s, you probably don’t need it.
- Hill Farmstead Brewery, Greensboro. Sample and purchase some of the world’s best award-winning beers.
- Parker Pie, West Glover. Locally renowned pizza and more.
- Positive Pie, Hardwick. Thin crust pizza, calzones, bar.
- Dusit Thai Cuisine, Newport. Authentic Thai cuisine.
- Hardwick Village Diner. Hearty fare well done.